Wednesday, November 12, 2008

With great power, comes great responsibility.
So, where is my power?

I recalled when i was still a CSO in StarHub. Workin with really great friends everyday, ktv and supper trips every other night. Carefree. Stressless. Happy. Those were the days. Now everythin seems so strangly unfamiliar..

The day i was told my bro got into deep debts, it was never the same again.

Apparently, i gave the situation a very thorough thought. I tendered my resignation soon after. Assumin that he can't solve his problem in near future(which he still hasn't), takin care of my father and mom (and maybe him) will solely be my responsibility..

Things got worse after he got married.

It was a joyous occasion, for many. I am happy for him too, that they were finally able to settle down, that my sis-in-law is willin to stay by his side even though he is in deep shit. But, i still strongly believe that if a man is incapable, he shouldn't drag someone else in. How can a person ever let his love ones suffer with him..

It was a wake up call for me.

After accessin the situation, i knew i won't be gettin anywhere with a salary. Yet, businesses were still rather foreign to me back then. I was unsure of the first step, nor do i have the funds and ideas to initiate. Thus, when opportunity came knockin at my door, i accepted the OCBC job offer my cousy recommended. It was a chance to earn my capital..

Months passed and i managed to collect a sum. When things got worse at my department, i left again, seekin other routes. I was with my 3rd ex gf then, but she wasn't really supportive, rather i took up a job instead. She didn't really understand the stress i was in, i was actually prepared to let her go should i eventually fail. Then, it was like heaven had plans for me. I went for army reservist, and met Ray again..

Ray and i actually went different units after our vocation trainin durin army. We were rather nice friends, until days passed and we didn't hear from each other anymore. Meetin him years later was quite a comfort. He became a really nice gentleman, a carin friend, and a smart businessman. It was then plans of our steamboat cafe were born..

Though it was closed down months into business, at least we tried. Bein my virgin business, i was really sad to let it go, especially when it was doomed by stupid legal problems. I still have customers ringin my mobile for reservations these days. But, it was the closure of the shop that i came to learn, everythin happens for a reason. Now, i'm with Ray in his packagin business, and may be venturin into another area soon..

All these while i gave up the idea of bein a salaryman, 3k will never be sufficient for the family, even if i am prepared not to get married in future. Venturin whole heartedly into businesses, all for the sake of the 3 of them. It begun with me not havin a choice, but i'm glad i made the decision. I get to learn many trades. I get to see more of the world..

Although i am still very slack in kick startin my performances, i believe this is more or less the route i will follow till the end. I will never give up, and shall ever seek motivation in improvin my life. Not forgettin repayin Ray for his teachin and care. For always bein there for me..

Lets pray my new possible venture may shed light.

Enough of career talk, ahaha. Ever watched 舞林大道? I didn't think it was nice, until i saw these 2 dances. Really creative! The little kid in the second clip is really good too. Enjoy!





Had a nice talk with my biao di just now. Somehow, we are facin a similar problem. The responsibilities of takin care of our families, had fallen on our shoulders..

Ciao.

No comments: